Thursday, September 13, 2007

Toddlers with road rage

Every morning we drive through this intersection with a very short green light. It's currently under construction, and that causes many drivers to go very slowly which often results in only two cars making it through. Traffic backs up quickly.

I have been known to ... encourage the other drivers to proceed quickly through that intersection. My youngest has picked up that trait. Now whenever she sees a green light (at any intersection), she yells, "Go!"

It's so easy to teach a twenty-month-old road rage. Will it be that easy to teach her about Jesus? She picked up my attitude toward traffic just by watching me. What will she pick up regarding caring for the poor or the lost or the life of faith?

I've heard before that kids do what you do, not what you say. I have to say, that's become crystal, and frighteningly, clear to me.

No comments: