Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good News

Do you ever sin?

Yeah, me too.

If you're like me, that sin makes you sad, angry, and a little disgusted with yourself. "When am I going to learn? When am I going to be better?"

In those moments, it's easy to despair — to think you are all you'll ever be, and that simply isn't good enough. Maybe you worry God will find a loophole to exclude you from heaven.

Here's the low down:

"...by one sacrifice [Christ] has made perfect forever those who are being made holy." (Heb 10:14)

"Has made." His people are perfect already. In Christ, God does not count our sins.

And we are being made holy. It's an on-going process. God knows it's a process. He doesn't expect holiness tomorrow. But we will get there. "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

I don't know about you, but I think that's good news.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Amen! The BEST news ever!

omahacheeks said...

Thank you for writing this!