Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's the Little Things

I decided to make a change in my behavior.

It's a good thing to read the Bible wherever you are, wherever you can. You can read it at work, in the bathroom, and in line at the grocery store. You can get it on your smart phone or ereader and have it with you literally everywhere you go.

But part of parenting is modeling the behavior we want to see in our kids. If I read the Bible where they can't see it, they won't know I do it. If I read it on my phone, they don't know what I'm reading. It doesn't matter how much I talk about it. It doesn't matter how much I know about it.

How will they know Daddy makes time every day to read the Bible if they don't see him taking time every day to read the Bible?

So I'm committing to reading a physical Bible in a chair in full view of my family. It's a little thing, but it's one I hope will make a difference when they start to set their own habits.

3 comments:

Jenika said...

...go even further...read it out loud to your kids. They will certainly know what you are reading when they hear the words. :)

Jenika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scfinder said...

This is a great read, thank you