Friday, March 12, 2010

Some Recommended Reading

Essentials and Non-Essentials: How to Choose Your Battles Carefully
"I often tell people that there are some things that I believe that I would die for; there are some things that I believe that I would lose an arm for; there are some things that I believe that I would lose a finger for; and then there are some things that I believe that I would not even get a manicure for."
Includes a handy chart.

Related: A Practical 9-Step Guide to Studying any Theological Issue

It's Not the Church's Job
"The church cannot ensure that all goes well with you. Most of life is your responsibility."

Look Who's Talking Now, or Thoughts on Leviticus
"Is Leviticus dry? Unless you enjoy reading blueprints and law textbooks, yes. Is it boring? When you remember that God is doing most of the speaking, it becomes much less boring."

1 comment:

Jon said...

Thanks for the free advertising!